Tuesday, August 9, 2011

Misfit Quilters

There's a little group over at Twitter that is the Misfit Quilters.  I was a little late joining in with these gals (I was late to Twitter all together!)  But I'm there now, and I'm participating in a swap with the other Misfit Quilters.
We made the Little Forest Quilt pattern  by Purl  Bee.

To be honest, I only wanted to make this pattern in greens/Christmas tree quilt.  I decided a rainbow forest would be alright after all.  So then I had to use purple since that is my color. I was still a little bummed about not having a Christmas forest until I made my trees.  I LOVE THEM!  After I made the first one it reminded me of a Charlie Brown Aluminum Christmas tree.  It can still be a Christmas tree quilt after all!  It's going to be a funky, mod forest of aluminum Christmas trees and I am so very excited!  I can't wait to see what everyone else has made!


                                 
Here's some of my little purple forest! I love these trees, so quick and fun to make!

7 comments:

Chelley said...

Your purple trees are VERY cute! That's a great fabric choice. I'm glad to hear that I'm not the only one who wanted an all green forest. I almost didn't do the swap because of that. I'm trying to keep an open mind, though. I'm going to see what colors come back and then decide. If I don't like the "other" colors, I will use them to make a pillow top or add them to the quilt back and I'll make myself some more greens. :)

Amy said...

I love your trees! The purple is perfect!

Lynne said...

They are very cute! I love them in purple (my favourite colour).

You're not as late to Twitter or Facebook as I am - I haven't joined either! Though I love the title of "Misfit Quilters"! DD calls us the Hacky Packy Quilters (she loves alpacas)

Angie said...

wow - these are so cute! I need to try them. Love your purple fabric.

Sharon said...

Those are awesome! I'm starting my trees today. Our forests are going to be so fabulous! :)

Toni said...

Those trees are great! I'm glad you are excited about them. Sounds like a fun swap!

Jodi-JoJoMia's Place said...

Cute! I haven't started mine yet, but you are inspiring me! I want a multi-colored forest so these will be great.

Post a Comment

I heart comments!